Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the JS Community! Please Read THIS Before Doing ANYTHING

Go down

Welcome to the JS Community! Please Read THIS Before Doing ANYTHING Empty Welcome to the JS Community! Please Read THIS Before Doing ANYTHING

Post  JSP Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:37 pm

Hello, and welcome to the JustStuff.com Community Forum! I am JSP, the administrator of the forum and also the webmaster of JustStuff.com! I just want to say thank you for joining the forums, or at least reading it! Now, onto the topic: As a new member at the JS Community, you need to learn the rules and how the forum works! This entire post will tell you how everything works on here!

Okay, let's start!

The staff here have either blue, yellow, or red names. The administrators, like me, have blue names. They pretty much run the forum and manage everything on the forum, from the display, to even the smilies! The moderators have yellow names. They help the administration and keep the peace all throughout the forum. They community guides have red names, and they help new users out, and are pretty much the "really good seeds" of the forum. If a moderator is ever gone temporarily, they fill in!

So that makes sense, right?

Next on the list is what I've been waiting for - the rules. Now, these are actually just the Forumotion.com Terms of Service - and this forum DOES have to follow these rules, so I'll explain the ToS bit by bit to help you all! Sounds great, right? Let's go!

Whole Terms of Service - Right Here:
Spoiler:

FORUMOTION.COM and JUSTSTUFF FORUM TERMS OF SERVICE

The moderators of this forum will try hard to edit or remove reprehensible messages as soon as possible. However, it is impossible for them to review all the messages. You thus admit that all the messages posted on this forum express the sight and opinion of their respective authors and not those of the moderators or the Webmaster (except messages posted by them) and consequently, they cannot be held responsible of the discussions.

Okay - this means that we (the staff) will try our BEST to get rid of harmful, illegal, our explicit messages and users. It also says we cannot be held responsible for what happens to you for doing the wrong things on here.

This forum uses cookies to store information on your computer. These cookies will not contain any personal information; they are only used to improve comfort while browsing. The address e-mail is only used in order to confirm the details of your registration as your password (and also to send you back your password if you forget it).

Now, cookies are nothing bad or good. They're just there. I don't really care for the little things, but antiviruses sometimes call these "tracking cookies". They are not harmful in anyway, and will not harm your computer AT ALL!

1. Aggressive or slanderous messages, as well as personal insults and critics, the coarseness and vulgarities, and more generally any message contravening the French laws are prohibited.

Simply, just don't say anything hurtful, dirty, or just rude. No cursing, all that stuff. As for "French laws", we'll change this to "national laws". Nothing illegal to any country should be in your topics, or posts.

2. Messages who promote - or evoke - illegal practices are prohibited.

Once again, follow the national laws. So anything on the subject of let's say, planning an attack, or anything just illegal, is a subject that will be taken off IMMEDIATELY.

3. If you post information which comes from another site, look first if the site in question doesn't forbid it. Show the address of the site in question in order to respect the work of their administrators!

Ok. If you post something from another website, give credit. I suggest putting the link/URL/website where you got the post from on the top of the post, like this:
I give credit to http://help.forumotion.com/ for this post.

4. Please post your messages only once. The repetitions are unpleasant and useless!

Try to avoid double posting. If you accidentally get stuck somewhere and the post is duplicated, report your post and tell us what happened! No worries!

5. Please make an effort on grammar and spelling. SMS-style language (ex: r u sk8ing?) is not advised!

Well, try to spell well. Don't spl lek tis. It's okay to mess up though, everyone makes mistakes! Just make sure it is easy to read, but just try to spell the best you can. Being lazy is no excuse. As for the SMS-style language - I really don't know if LOL or IDK counts, but that will pass. However, if you follow that example in your posting, that will count as breaking the rules.

Any message contravening the listing above will be edited or removed without additional notice or justification within deadlines which will depend on the availability of the moderators. Any abuse will involve the cancellation of the registration. Internet is neither an anonymous space, nor a space of no-right! We reserve ourselves the possibility of informing your access provider and/or the legal authorities of any malevolent behavior. An IP address of each poster is recorded in order to help us to make you respect these conditions.

This says that we can delete or edit or move any topics/posts without your permission within a deadline. Then it says that any breaking of the rules results in a punishment or possible banning of a user. Also, this states that the internet has rules and we can tell the authorites and/or internet service provider (ISP) about your behavior if you are bad. (Though I doubt we ever will.). Also, the IP address of each user is recorded so we can ban your IP from coming on to this website, meaning that anyone connected to your network will NOT be able to access the JustStuff Forums.

By clicking on " I agree to these terms " below:
- You acknowledge to have fully read these current rules;
Obviously, you read the rules with my help!

- You commit yourself to respect unreservedly these current rules;
You promise to keep your act together and not misbehave!

- You grant the moderators of this forum the right to delete, move or edit any discussion subject at any moment.
You give us the right to delete or edit or move ANY posts/topics you or any other user creates whenever we want.

And that was the ToS.
And the rules.

Now, I go to the next topic - the Punishment System. Here's how it works:

When you start as a new user, you are warning free. Once you break a rule, you get a warning. A message is sent to you through any contact we can possibly get to you by explaining why you were given a warning.

After getting a warning, you get 2 infractions. No messages will be sent.

After getting 2 infractions, you are banned - the length of the ban depends on the issue - on certain issues, it could be a permanent ban.

After the time is up, you are once again unbanned. After that, you get a permaban, or IP Ban, which bans you from even seeing the front page.

So that's how THAT works.

So I think I pretty much covered EVERYTHING here.

Well, I hope you enjoy your time at the JustStuff forum! Keep checking here often for rule updates, and why don't you check out the rest of the forum too!

- JSP: JustStuff Admin and Webmaster bounce

Last edited by JSP on Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
JSP
JSP
Administrator

http://www.wix.com/justsomeperson12345/just-stuff/

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum